Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wakeup Call - Jan 1, 2009

So, the month of December has been really bad. I put a video out in early December saying that I was not going to wait until January 1st to start getting healthier, eating better etc. but it turns out that is exactly what I did.

I don't want to make excuses for myself but one of the things that triggered me was my husband getting sick. Now if I was not a worrier it should not have been a big deal. He came down with Shingles on his face and then his face became paralyzed. Three weeks later his face is still paralyzed but it seems like it is not as bad as it first was but the whole thing was pretty scary. Also December was extremely cold here and I have not been running at all because of the weather. Another thing I have realized is that I have a serious problem with my emotions and PMS. This last time I went into a big depression and could not even summon the will to go to the grocery store. Maybe it was just compounded by the other stuff I don't know.

Anyways. I am not a fan of starting over but basically that is where I am at. It is hard for me to believe what the scale is saying to me actually. It is even harder for me to put it out there for all to read.

Last March I was 184 pounds and wearing a size 12 jean. Today I was 203.4 pretty much 20 pounds heavier and almost at my worst ever that I was in June of 2007. Size 16 jeans that were put away in 2007 are snug.

So there it is. There are two forks in the road here and I plan on taking the one towards a healthier me. The other one leads to diabetes and a heart attack within 20 years. Not a big choice really.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hi Sparky,

I don't blame you for worrying about your husband. I probably would have been beside myself. At least you can see that the worry doesn't help.

My best copeing mechanism has always been good health. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, and need to follow my own advice. You will take off those 20 lbs. because you are simply too determined not to. End of story. :0)