Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Weight Story

Pre 1990 - a pretty average sized girl. Not super skinny. Not 'overweight'. Paid no attention to eating, excercise or my weight. I could not even tell you what my weight was. Started university in 1990.

1995 - Age 23 - graduated university, got married - a little soft around the middle but not too much really, not excercising - probably weighed about 165 (guessing). Started running for fitness in the fall.

1997- Age 25 - pretty fit (running, had a physical job) - moved west - retrained in computers - weighed about 150

June 2000 - Age 28 - desk job - packed on the pounds to 210 - did WWs and quickly lost 40 pounds in about 5 months

Jan 2001 - started running and met my "running-friends" - 170 pounds

Nov 2003 - first child is 6 months old - running again - 180 pounds

May 2005 - had second baby - feet very sore - painful to walk - no excercising

June 2007 - 208 pounds - had not excercised in 3 years - Watched losetogain on Youtube and was inspired to rebuild myself

Oct 2007 - 188 pounds - started working with personal trainer - started running again

Jan. 2008 - 188 pounds, March 2008 - 184 pounds, Aug 2008 - 188 pounds, Sept 2008 - 192 pounds - weight creeping back on - not watching what I ate - excercising less

Dec 2008 - 200 pounds - time to stop what I am doing (overeating) and focus on becoming a healthier me! I must journal my food and restrict my calories in order to become fit. If I don't do this I will be a type 2 diabetic like both of my parents and probably have heart disease in 20 years like both of my parents. Losing 20% of my body weight will make me healthier and more able to run like I want to.

1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

You can do it woman! Most especially because you have an alterior motive (sp?) Its not just about losing weight in other words you want to RUN! And in that respect you are alot like me! I'm finding motivation a struggle right now. Really tired lately and every exercise session is a struggle. Lets just keep on keeping on! Deb